FAIDA ZA MUUNGANO KWA WAZANZIBAR KUTOKA B.O.T
MWALIMU JULIUS K. NYERERE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND 2014/15 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund is an endowment fund established by the Bank of Tanzania (BOT) on 12th October, 2009 to commemorate the great achievements of the Late Father of our Nation, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere in the education sector. The Fund granted the first round of Scholarships to qualifying candidates during the 2013/14 academic year.
The primary objective of the Fund is to promote interest and excellence in Mathematics and Science studies among female students in the United Republic of Tanzania. It is dedicated to sponsor female
Tanzanian top performers in the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (ACSEE) to
pursue undergraduate studies in Mathematics and Science within Tanzania. The Fund is also partly used to sponsor both male and female top performers in the ACSEE to pursue undergraduate degree
programmes in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance and top performers in
undergraduate studies intending to pursue master’s degree programmes in those fields.
Following a rigorous selection process based on the established criteria, the Fund has awarded
Scholarships to eight (8) top students for the year 2014/15. The selected candidates for undergraduate
studies are top performers from the best ten (10) students of the 2014 National Advanced Certificate of
Secondary Education Examinations, holder of division one with consistence high academic performance.
The Scholarship recipients for master’s degree programmes have First Class Bachelor degrees.
The successful candidates for the 2014/15 Scholarship are as listed below:
A. BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
1. Doris Atieno NOAH Female Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering, University of Dar es Salaam
2. Monica Eligi MTEI Female Doctor of Medicine, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
3. Wema Aswile KIBANGA Female Bachelor of Pharmacy, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
4. Jovina Leonidas NGIMBWA Female Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance, Ardhi University
5. Lisa Victor MIMBI Female Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Statistics, University of Dar es Salaam
6. Nestory Eleutery MAKENDI Male Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting, University of Dar es Salaam
B. MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
1. Paulo Samweli KITOSI Male Masters of Architecture, Ardhi University,
2. Doreen David MUTEMI Female Master of Science Parasitology and Entomology, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
The Scholarship will cover all direct university and students costs as specified in the respective Institution’s cost structure, including a Laptop computer
Scholarship Awards Committee,
Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884, DAR ES SALAAM.
Tel No. +255 22 2233041
Fax No. +255 22 2234088